The School of Music advising and services continue remotely.
Director: Dr. Cyrus Ginwala, | Make a Virtual Appointment
For additional information and resources refer to the School of Music's COVID-19 Update Page





Undergraduate Students

All School of Music majors and minors are assigned to a faculty advisor. If you do not know who your advisor is please contact Dr. Ginwala, (

Majors in the College of Liberal & Creative Arts (LCA) should choose courses in consultation with their major adviser each semester. For progress toward fulfilling degree requirements, check your Degree Progress Report (Studt Ctr YouTube). Students who are completing a minor or an additional major should see an adviser in those programs as well.

Advising for Bachelor of Arts

Advising for Bachelor of Music

Who is my Advisor?

1.  Are you a music major or minor?

  • Major, skip to question 2
  • Minor, skip to question 4

2.  Are you enrolled in MUS 353 or 776 or 450? Have you ever enrolled in MUS 353 or 776 or 450?

  • If yes, skip to question 3
  • If no, skip to question 4

3.  Is your teacher’s name listed below?

  • If yes, your teacher is your advisor
  • If no, skip to question 4

4.  Refer to the “last name begins with” list below to determine your advisor.

Undergraduate Major/Minor Advisors

Your Last Name Your Advisor
A Zak Grafilo,
B Fred Lifsitz,
C-E Roger Woodward,
F-H Jassen Todorov,
I-P Wendell Hanna,
R David Samuel
S Hafez Modirzadeh,
T-V Sandy Walsh-Wilson,
W-Z David Xiques,

For General Education and University Requirements

Additional Resources

Graduate Students

Graduate Advising Center

The Division of Graduate Studies offers counseling and advising regarding issues ranging from applications to graduation.

Visit the Graduate Advising Center