San Francisco State University’s COVID-19 Information Site is the best place to stay up to date on the University’s response.
Quick Links and Resources for Students
Hope Crisis Fund -To help students manage unexpected crisis situations, SF State has established the SF State HOPE Crisis Fund (HOPE = Help, Opportunity & Pathway to Empowerment), a fund that assists students with financial support when they need it most. This fund supports students who are undergoing a crisis that leaves them in a situation that is beyond their control.
Internet Essentials - Low-cost and Free Internet for students and families
School of Music Information
To limit the potential of COVID-19 spreading within our local community San Francisco State University will continue to offer online instruction through the Fall semester. Faculty contact information is locatd on the School of Music website (Faculty | Adjunct Faculty). If you have trouble contacting your School of Music instructor at any time throughout the Fall semester please email Department Director Cyrus Ginwala (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
The School of Music Office
Our Office Staff will continue their work remotely. If you need to contact us, please write email@example.com. We will be periodically checking voicemail; email is the best way to get an immediate response.
Petitions & Graduation Applications
- Declare your Primary Major or Minor Online
- Steps for Processing Student Forms & Petitions (Advising Resource Center)
- Steps for Processing a Graduation Application (Coming Soon)
- Course Withdrawal Instructions (Coming Soon)
- New Instructions Coming Soon
School of Music Office Contacts
You can also contact our staff directly if you have any questions:
- For quick questions text (510) 342-9787 M-F from 9am-4pm
- Cyrus Ginwala, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arsham Pourfallah, Academic Office Coordinator, email@example.com
- Meghann Dubie, Assistant Academic Office Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time the School of Music is not holding in-person Auditions or placement exams. Please see our Audition page for information on submitting an audition video.
The School of Music Facilities
The School of Music Facilities are not open to students at this time and our Technical Staff will be working remotely. All classrooms, offices, lockers, and practice rooms are closed through December 2020.
The School of Music will have a limited number of keyboard and instrument rentals available for both pick-up and delivery.
The Creative Arts Building is closed. Currently, there is no access to the building. Students enrolled in previous semesters who need access to pick up items from lockers can email email@example.com. We hope that there will soon be a protocol introduced for entering the building. Updates will be posted here.
JPL Library is currently closed. Students without reliable computer access students may request a loaner laptop from the Library by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 338-1420. When emailing, include "Library Loaner Laptop" in the subject line; and when calling, ask for a Library Loaner Laptop. Library staff will respond to arrange the loan and have the laptop shipped. Both PCs and Macs are available. The Library provides a base install of software MS Office, web browsers, graphic software, and the laptop will work with Zoom video conferencing software. Some specialized software may not be available. For more information about this and other virtual services offered at the library please see the JPL Library Resource Page.
Free Wi-Fi Access in San Francisco
Free & Low Cost Internet
The following resources refer to discounts or special options from a range of internet providers for those who may not have access to the Internet from off-campus locations. Please contact the providers directly to understand if they may apply to you:
- FCC Keep America Connected Information
- Comcast Student Discounts
- Comcast Internet Essentials: offers low cost internet access. You may qualify if you are eligible for public assistance programs like the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI and others.
- Access from AT&T offers $10/month plans to low income families